Saturday, May 15, 2010

"Ain't no SHAME in my game!!!!"

As defined by Webster's New World Dictionary, the word shame has multiple meanings: 1) a painful feeling of guilt for improper behavior, etc. 2) dishonor or disgrace 3) something regrettable or outragious. I have clearly, with the help from Webster, defined the word SHAME. Now let's talk about this statement, "Ain't no shame in my game!". If you haven't said it, you've heard it. I bet you're saying yeah,....and? Well, this statement has a derogatory reputation when spoken by most. I took that and flipped it to give me a sense of confidence and power during the most challenging times in my life. Here I go, telling you all of my business.....so! I can do that......now! Been there done that....writing a book about.....okaaaaay!!!

I have this uncontrollable urge to just let it all hang out tonight, but I will keep it tight. Before I go any further....this is a blog about random events in my life that I feel the need to share. Hopefully it will help someone understand that they are not alone.........we all have problems! I want you to realize that it's not the problem, it's you! You must understand that you are bigger than your problem........extremely! So with that being said, shall I proceed.....yes in deed! Lol!!! Okay, where did I even come up with this topic? Well, I was reminiscing about this one time at band camp......NOT!!! Really, I was in a deep thought about my days as a Stripper, Exotic Dancer, for those of you who live on the other side of the tracks. I remember saying "Ain't no shame in my game!" often, and I meant every word of it! I wasn't in shame as a dancer, but everyone else thought that I should be. Why? Because I'm nude? I had one motive, and that was to make money......everything and everyone else was irrelevant. I was not focused on the opinions of others, simply because I knew WHY I was there. Before I ever stepped foot on a stage I had already been validated, so the adoration kept me humble and the haters kept me motivated! So I adopted that statement....I put it into use everytime I heard "Hot Chocolate" the next booty on duty! Lol!!! Over the years I have grown as a woman, as a person, and I have learned to accept myself right where I am. I finally came to the realization that there isn't any shame in my game! I did what I did and that's that! I've been asked, if I could do it over, what would I do differently? I didn't have an answer, but I do now, I wouldn't do anything different! This is the life path that I chose and I'm thankful for the experience.......I SURVIVED! I now have an experience in my life that will POSITIVELY impact someone else......why would I want to change that? I'm thankful to God for allowing me to get over myself and tell the world, "Ain't no shame in my game!" I'm going to keep it real about me, because that's the only way I'm going to change for the better. I'm good now on my way to being Great! I hope that you will get to a place in your life where you can stand up and say, "Ain't no SHAME in my game!" As a matter of fact.......I know you will!

No comments:

Post a Comment